Animal transport refers to the transportation of animals from one place to another for various purposes, such as farming, breeding, research, exhibition, or sale. Animal transport can be done by various means, including road, air, sea, and rail.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF ANIMAL TRANSPORT
- Animal transport is slow and tedious. The animals need to feed and drink along the way.
- Pack animals may be attacked by wild animals, disease-causing insects such as tsetse-flies and disease.
- Their movement is limited to the day only and cannot travel at night.
- They can only carry small loads as compared to vehicles.
- Some pack animals such as donkey are stubborn when tired and heavily loaded. The camel is only suited for the desert.
- Pack animals use is limited to short distances as they fatigue when they travel for long.