(a) Define the following terms related to the demography (I) Population pressure (II) Total fertility rate (III) Crude birth rate (IV) Crude death rate (b) Explain social, economic and cultural factors influencing mortality rate in Tanzania
Discuss the statement that, the energy crisis is likely to be a more serious threat for development in Developing countries. Suggest the three measures to avoid the problem
Evaluate the global effort that have been made on the management and conservation of fisheries
Examine future prospects of the tourism industry in Tanzania. Give eight points
Describe eight contributions of the tree crop farming in socio-economic development of Nigeria
Give an account of eight factors leading to the development of the aircraft industry in the United States of America
Study carefully the map extract of LEMBENI sheet 73/3 and then answer the following questions Calculate the area covered by a seasonal swamp in kilometer Identify the grid reference of the location of the following features: i) Kiverenge school ii) Lokira hill Calculate the distance covered by loose surface road in kilometer.
from grid 509848 to 460819
By citing examples from the map, identify the type of vegetation in the area
Describe five usefulness of topographical ma to geographer
Describe the types and characteristics of measure of central tendency
a) explain five-technique of analyzing ground photography b) Briefly explain the following terms: photo mosaic stereoscope. camera station principal point
a) Identify the four problems associated with poorly formulated hypotheses. b) Describe six uses of research c) Why is crucial for a researcher to identify a site before the actual research? give 3 reasons.
Describe five environmental problems facing the coastal area and four measures to be taken so as to overcome them.
Explain eight human activities that degrade wetlands.
a) Describe the following: i) Soil PH ii) Soil temperature iii) Cation exchange in the soil iv) Soil catena b) Explain the importance of each item in (a) above.
With examples, examine the eight values of rocks to humankind.
Describe the composition of the atmosphere and its function to the universe.
We hope that you have found this article useful. If you have questions or comments please put them to the comment below.
GEOGRAPHY EXAMINATION FORMAT FOR BOTH SCHOOL AND PRIVATE CANDIDATE
This examination format has been formulated on the basis of the revised geography syllabus of 2009, which replaced the 2000 syllabus. Change made in revised syllabus includes dropping off the topic on regional integration, the introduction of the new topic, and merging of some topic into another topic. ·
The following are geography review questions covering human geography concepts and can be used by students preparing for national exams and those who are looking to test their knowledge on human geography.
1. Examine eight factors, which lead to the growth of settlement in different parts of the world. 2. Describe natural and human causes of loss of biodiversity. 3. In order to achieve economic development, transport and communication are inevitable. describe the significance of transportation in developing countries.
43. The formation of volcanoes in terms of the development of landforms result from igneous activity. do you agree with this statement?
44. What is meant by the term ”rejuvenation” giving a reasoned account of pieces of evidence that indicate a part change of sea level.
45. Briefly describe the world distribution of coral reefs. what is the problem posed by their origin?
46. To what extent is wind responsible for the formation of landforms.
47. Name and describe features associated with faulting
48. Man especially in third world countries has gradually sown the seed of his own destruction through starvation by his continued actions in aiding soil erosion. comment on this statement and suggest how the problems of soil erosion can be checked.
49. Examine the nature and distribution of major world fold mountain systems.
50. Using diagrams explain the importance of structure in the formation of spring and wells
51. Distinguish between rock weathering and erosion.
53. Discuss the development of surface and subsurface features in the limestone region.
54. Discuss the concept of a graded river profile and briefly discuss the obstacle to attain this stage.
55. With reference to named examples examine the features resulting from marine erosion.
56. How does air manage to rise? explain what atmospheric stability and instability mean and comment on their effect on weather conditions. 57. With reference to specific examples discuss the influence of ocean currents on the adjacent land areas.
58. Discuss the factors other than climate that influence the natural vegetation of the place.
59. Outline the principle results of soil leaching. 60. Identify and explain the factors influencing the development of agriculture
61. Account for agricultural success in North America and china
62. Identify and explain the problems facing agriculture in China
63. What lesson does Tanzania learn from agricultural success in China
64. Give reason for agricultural failure in many African countries.