Tourist Attractions in Kenya are Grouped into two:
Main Attractions at the Coast
- Beautiful natural uncrowded and unpolluted sandy beaches which are ideal for sunbathing (sitting or lying in strong sunlight in order to make the body brown).
- Warm and sunny climate due to tropical location which attracts tourists from temperate regions who escape from the harsh winter cold and come for health purposes.
- Water sports like yatching, surfing and sport fishing which are carried out in the Indian Ocean.
- Historical sites such as Fort Jesus, Gedi ruins, Vasco Dagama and slave caves in Malindi and Shimoni.
- Traditional culture of the coastal people e.g. they have a unique way of dancing, songs, clothing and handicrafts and shrines e.g. Kaya of the Mijikenda which attracts tourists.
- Mangrove swamps which have unique plants and different species of fish, snails, snakes, birds etc.
Main Attractions Inland
- Wild life conserved in National Parks and Game Reserves. Wildlife is conserved in their natural habitats.
- The Famous wildebeest migration in the Mara.
- The sunny warm climate which attracts tourists from temperate countries.
- Attractive scenery such as the snow capped Mt. Kenya, the Great Rift Valley and its lakes and hot springs and geysers and great rivers with waterfalls.