1) Volcanic rocks once weathered provide volcanic fertile soils suitable for crop growing.
2) Rocks provide building materials e.g. stone concretes etc
3) Sedimentary rocks like clay at Kajjansi, Lira, Gulu, Kisumu are used in making tiles, bricks for building.
4) Coral limestone of Bamburi at Mombasa and Dar-es-salam is used in the manufacture of cement.
5) Industries set up in the manufacture of cement provide employment opportunities to people.
6) Products from these industries such as cement fetch a lot of foreign exchange to the economy of east African countries.
7) Some rocks provide beautiful scenery which attracts many tourists.