- To find out whether there is market for the products to be produced.
- To identify the features of a product e.g. colour, size and many others which customers need.
- To find out the consumers tastes and preferences for a given product or service.
- To establish the appropriate method of promoting the product and the channels of distribution for a given product.
- To establish the methods used by the competitors to attract the attention of the customers and coming up with strategies of out competing them.
- To determine the appropriate price at which consumers can afford to buy the product.
- To enable producers match their products to the needs of the customers.
To establish the quantity of goods which customers are willing and able to buy