1. Baptism identifies one as a believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
2. Baptism is a proof of one’s faith in Jesus Christ as the Lord and savior.
3. Baptism enables one to attain the gifts of the Holy Spirit that serves to guide one’s life to success.
4. Baptism means that one has been born again as a child of God.
5. Baptism means one’s acceptance to die with Jesus Christ.
6. Baptism provides guidance and protection for all forms of evil in Jesus’ name.
7. Baptism means ones repentance of sins before God so as to be holy.
8. Baptism enables one’s sins to be forgiven by God the merciful father.
9. The sacrament of baptism unites Christians of different background as members of one church community.
10. Baptism provides for individual belonging to a particular church where one is baptized e.g. catholic, Anglican or Born again.
11. Baptism is a way of following Jesus’ example by Christians since he was also baptized.
12. Baptism provides hope in life after death.
13. It enables one to receive other sacraments e.g. Holy Communion, confirmation and holy matrimony.
14. Baptism qualifies one to attain responsibility and leadership in church e.g. head of laity.
15. Baptism enables one to acquire a Christian name e.g. Luke, Sarah, Joseph and Daniel.
16. Baptism assures one of a decent burial by leaders and members of a particular church.17. Baptism means accepting the love and grace of God.