Entrepreneurial motivation can be developed and it can be blocked by certain social, political and economic cultural circumstances. Hence entrepreneur achievement can be hindered by the following factors:
- The conservative nature of the society:The society which does not encourage entrepreneurial spirit and argue to excel among individuals hinders entrepreneur motivation.
- Negative social cultural believes in the society: Some beliefs hinder entrepreneur motivation e.g. certain jobs can best be performed by female and others are fit for male, that making profit in Islam is bad.
- Unfavorable political system: This discourages individual’s private ownership of property and this limits creativity of an individual hence entrepreneurial motivation is affected e.g. at times government policy discourages individual’s initiative.
- Unfavorable economic environment: this is described in terms of policy, unregulated lending activities which may be rigid and hence discouraging entrepreneurial motivation.
- Psychological factors:Like orientation, insecurity etc. this limits entrepreneurial motivation.
- Inadequate provision of physical infrastructure e.g. unreliable supply of power, poor state of infrastructures, inadequate water supply among others this limits entrepreneurial motivation
- Poor educational orientation, limited entrepreneurial experience and market opportunities
- Limited entrepreneurs.