- Production of goods: manufacturing industries produce goods needed by people
and other businesses as raw materials.
- Source of income manufacturing businesses which are profitable are a source of
income to the owners.
- Employment opportunities: manufacturing industries provide employment
opportunities to people who earn income and hence improving their standards of
- Market for local products: manufacturing industries provide market for locally
produced goods and raw materials produced by people.
- Value addition: manufacturing industries add value to raw materials and make
them more useful.
- Recycling products: manufacturing industries recycle products which would have
been dangerous to the environment e.g. plastic materials.
- Contribution to community development: manufacturing industries help in
development programs by making donations or directly participating in other
activities e.g. building schools, hospitals.
- Paying taxes: manufacturing industries pay taxes to the governments which are
used to improve on the infrastructure like roads.