- Recruitment of labour from the neighbouring countries and workers such as school leavers and prisoners.
- Construction of hydroelectric power stations to produce adequate power to reduce the importation of coal.
- Diversification of Zambia’s economy by encouraging agriculture, trade and tourism.
- By recycling of copper wastes to avoid pollution.
- By conducting a broad market research to widen market for copper.
- By opening up alternative transport routes to avoid closure with distabilised countries e.g Tazara railway.
- To promote good co-operation and friendly relations with the neighbouring countries to continue use of transport routes through these countries.
- Replacement of old and worn out dated machinery with new machinery