The Germany agriculture is mainly of the peasant farming type, with small and medium sized family holdings. Many of the farms are too small.
There has been recent development in farming particularly the growth of farm size and mechanisation.
The main features of Germany agriculture
- Large areas are devoted to arable farming and mixed farming
- Agriculture is predominantly on small scale
- Large farms are only 38% of the total farms
- Intensive farming is predominantly used
- Diary farming is emphasized
- Labour intensive technique is applied in market gardening and vine growing