Population explosion is the sudden and rapid increase in population of an area or country
relative to the existing available resources to sustain it.
Effects of population explosion include:
- Leads to over exploitation of resources.
- Leads to food shortages.
- Leads to land shortages.
- Leads to increased dependency ratio or burden.
- Leads to increased poverty.
- Leads to worsened balance of payments position.
- Leads to environmental degradation.
- Leads to increased income inequalities.
- Leads to rising demand pull inflation.
- Unemployment is increased.
- Distorts government projected planning.