Worship was characterised by the following ideas.
- Believers gathered together for prayer and worship.
- They preached the Good News of Jesus Christ (gospel).
- They preached for conversion of non believers.
- Their worship involved healing miracles.
- They conducted baptism of those who were converted.
- They shared holy communion in the process of worship.
- Worship involved works of charity (alms giving)
- There was reading of scriptures in the course of worship.
- Worship involved giving testimonies and confession of Jesus as saviour.
- Converts confessed their sins and got saved.
- It was characterised by oral preaching of the gospel.
- The early believers were persecuted for being Christians
- The early believers were united/lived in harmony.
- They carried out catechism regularly
- The church was characterised by manifestation of the Holy Spirit
- was characterised by missionary journeys.
- There was founding of churches in different places.
- There was general illiteracy among early Christians