- Employment opportunities have been created in the country.
- There has been mobilization of labour for projects such as re-afforestation, irrigation, setting and construction of roads.
- Improvement in the production of both food and cash crops has been realized for example in
Mwenge village in the Lindi region . crops grown include maize, cassava, soya beans, rice, beans, cotton,
- There has been an increment in the area under cultivation.
- Labour mobilization has led to the opening up of the areas which would otherwise still be lying idle.
- There is now self sufficiency in food production in some villages like Mwenge settlement.
- There was improvement in the standards of living of the people because they earned wages and they were able to purchase social items.
- Unity was created amongst the people which led to the nationalization as the principle of Ujamaa.
- It led to the education of most of the people and to date at least 90% of the Tanzanians have gone to school.
- There was rural development that is, the communities established were with clean piped and safe water, schools, health service as well as transport network.
- The system has also promoted the growth of towns and industries majorly those producing fertilizers and farm chemicals for spraying.
- Farmer acquired better techniques of production through the extensive services provided by the government