Weathering is so important due to the following reasons
- it is fundamental in the formation of soil. weathering leads to the formation of soil by breaking the parent rocks into small particles that later mix with other components of soil such as organic matter, water, and air to form soil which is the cornerstone of agriculture and construction.
- weathering helps us to obtain materials such as sand and gravel that are can be used in construction
- weathering leads to the formation of bauxite which is aluminum ore used in the extraction of aluminum
- weathering help to weaken rocks making them easy to mine
- weathering helps to modify the landscape making it attractive thus attracting tourists and helping the country to earn foreign exchange