- Roads have promoted trade within and between countries since goods are transported by road to various markets. This case is true in east Africa.
- Road transport has stimulated industrial development as raw materials to factories and manufactured goods to the market are easily transported.
- The development of towns and urban centres along roads has been as a result of improved road transport.
- Many countries earn a lot of foreign exchange from the sale of motor vehicles. For example Japan, Germany and USA.
- Employment opportunities are created as many people work in the motor vehicle industry while others are employed to construct and maintain roads