- Nasser promoted conflicts among Arab states and these included Morocco and Algeria. In this conflict, Nasser sided with Algeria leading to political instabilities in North Africa.
- Nasser frustrated the formation of the United States of Africa (USA). This had been proposed by Kwame Nkrumah to bring the continent together under one leadership.
- Nasser failed to maintain the United Arab Republic with Syria. Syria seceded and broke away in 1961 due to Nasser’s foreign policies.
- Nasser failed to maintain and stick to the policy of Non – Aligned Movement adopted in 1956 The policy demanded that African countries Egypt inclusive do not follow socialism and capitalism however, Nasser got financial aid from USSR and Czechoslovakia to construct the Aswan High dam.
- Nasser lost many provinces of Egypt to other countries. These included the West bank of Jordan, the Goran heights, the eastern parts of Suez Canal, the Sinai province during six days war of 1969 with Israel.
- Gamel Nasser promoted political instabilities in Yemen and some parts of Saudi Arabia hence undermining the principles of Pan Arabism.