- Reduction and lowering of water table due to reduced rainfall totals.
- Global warming and increased world temperatures due to reduced cloud cover.
- Mass wasting and soil erosion along the slopes due to absence of trees to trap the soil.
- Reduction of wildlife due to destruction of their natural which reduces foreign exchange.
- Loss of soil fertility due to severe erosion leading to low agricultural output.
- Desertification may arise leading to expansion of deserts.
- Flooding may occur due to mass wasting and soil erosion due to deposition of soil materials in the valley.
- Silting of river valleys due to increased erosion along slopes.
- Shortage of food leading to famine due to less agricultural output.