- In Canada, wheat sales earn the country foreign exchange. Bulk of the wheat is for sale. The export earnings are used to import commodities which are not available locally
- It is a Source of income to wheat farmers which helps to improve their livelihood.
- Wheat farming Provides employment. 4% of the country’s population is employed in the wheat sector on farms, at storage facilities and the transport sector.
- Wheat is the main cereal food consumed in Canada.
- All Canada’s local wheat requirements are met from the locally grown cereal
- It Supplies raw materials to flour milling factories thus stimulating industrial development.
- wheat growing has promoted development/improvement of transport/access roads