These areas are under the influence of onshore trade winds.
- Temperature characteristics are similar to those of the equatorial climate.
- Hot season temperature is 29oC and the cooler season temperature is 21oC.
- The annual temperature range is about 8oC.
- Total annual rainfall varies from 1000 mm to 200 mm depending on the location.
- Rainfall is both convection and topographic (brought by onshore trade winds).
- Maximum rainfall occurs in the hot season.
- High humidity throughout the year.
The main human activities carried out in this climatic region include crop cultivation, lumbering, and animal rearing.