- The land tenure system has been changed from communal to individual land ownership in Iteso and this has helped to curb down deforestation and soil erosion.
- Demonstration farms have been established in Karamoja with an aim of teaching pastoralists modern and scientific methods of animal rearing.
- Valley dams and bore holes have been established in Nakasongola and Bululi to provide permanent source of water to create a permanent settled way of life of nomads.
- Education has been encouraged especially in Mubende and Rakai so as nomads break their traditional conservativeness and backwardness which makes them to over stock and graze.
- Important infrastructure such as roads, health units, education, veterinary, clean water and good housing have been set up in Karamoja north eastern Uganda to break the remoteness of the area.
- Introduction of crop growing to nomads alongside animal rearing which has reduced on famine and malnutrition among children in Nakasongola and Bululi.
- Modern livestock ranches have been introduced in Kiruhura and Lyantonde to provide to nomads better and modern methods of cattle rearing.