- Improvement of transport network. Roads and railways have been built in the region to cater to the transportation of raw materials and finished products.
- Foreign exchange earner. Japanese cars and electric appliances are very popular in the international market thus earning the country foreign exchange.
- Growth and expansion of towns. Car and electronic industries have led to the growth of towns like Yokohama, Osaka, Kyoto, Akashi and Okayama.
- Job opportunities. Many people have been employed in the car and electronics industry.
- Provision of social amenities. Health centres, schools, housing, and recreational facilities have been set up to cater for workers in the industrial towns.
- Establishment of training institutions. Due to the need for skilled manpower in the car and electronic industries, universities and colleges have been set up to train personnel.