Safety precautions should be taken when handling herbicides that can becomes poisonous to both livestock and the farmer. They include;
- The operator should wear protective clothing like gloves, gum boots, eye shields, overalls, Eye
goggles, e.t.c before spraying
- When spraying, the operator should not eat, smoke or drink anything.
- When the nozzle of sprayer gets blocked, one should not unlock it by sucking or blowing with the
- When spraying the operator should face the direction that wind is blowing to but not against wind.
- Empty containers should be buried in a deep pit
- After spraying, the sprayer should be washed thoroughly with Soap and water, rinsed and dried facing upside down.
- After spraying, protective clothing should be carefully removed and washed with soap and water
- In case of accidental contact with the herbicide, the affected area should be washed with a lot of water, and victim should be rushed to medical personnel
- Unused chemicals must be kept in cool, dry place and out of reach of children