- Subdividing land into paddocks so as to regulate grazing
- Setting up demonstration farms to teach farmers new skills and principles of paddock farming
- Initiating quality breeds to check on the mixing of livestock and survival tactics
- Provision of water through boreholes, valley dams, water troughs, etc
- Provision of veterinary services through the mobile animal husbandry staff
- Establishment of animal facilities like cattle dips, slaughter houses, etc
- Establishment of Botswana Meat Commission that caters for the quality of livestock and marketing the products
- A system of disease control fences has been installed to prevent transmission of diseases from one herd to another.