- Nursery stage for 9 months and propagation by grafting a bud from a mature tree taking 5 to 7 years for latex to be tapped.
- Latex is harvested very early in the morning by making a slanting cut on the bark of the tree at 35° done once every 2 days, in a small metallic bowl lasting for 10 to 20 years.
- Latex is then collected into bigger vessels and taken to processing factories
- At the factories, latex is diluted with water to avoid a sticky substance
- The solution is then mixed either with acetic or formic acid forming a spongy coagulated mass
- Coagulated mass is then rolled to drain out moisture/water and placed on rackets or platforms for sun drying to remove any moisture
- After removing the moisture a rubber sheet is formed from which materials for industrial and domestic use are got