The following are factors that have favoured the development of fish farming in PAKISTAN
- Improvement in research on fisheries which provided the need to establish ponds where the studies are carried out.
- Supportive government policy of financing fish farming which came up after realizing that the natural fishing grounds are getting depleted.
- Availability of ready fish markets both local in urban areas and foreign markets in other countries which encouraged farmers to practice fish farming so as to earn a living.
- The presence of cool temperature and reliable rain fall which support the existence of fish and fish growth
- Availability of various fish species to stock the ponds such as Tilapia, Bagrus and clarias.
- Presence of skilled labour provided by graduates from University and semi-skilled labour by the locals in populated districts to facilitate the establishment and management of ponds.
- Plenty of fish feeds produced locally by PAKISTAN like maize brand and burnt bread, this support fish growth and multiplication.