Ranching is the practice of rearing animals on a large scale. The piece of land on to which ranching is carried out is called A ranch
Ranches produce mainly beef animals.
The success of ranching depends on the following factors:
- Availability of feeds for animals
- Improved animal/beef breeds
- Efficient transport and marketing infrastructure for transport services to most centers.
- Efficient storage facilities to prevent spoilage of products.
- Availability of well trained personnel to perform technical activities on the ranch e.g treating animals, Ranch Management, castrating bull calves, e.t.c