Water pollution is the addition of unwanted substances to the sources of water example River, Lake, Ocean, Dams, Swamp
CAUSES OF WATER POLLUTION.
- Mining activities, due to the exploitation of minerals when rain falls it sweeps the soil to the source of water resulting in pollution.
- Disposal of untreated sewage (effluent) into the water bodies from various sources e.g. Industrial wastes or domestic wastes.
- Dumping of waste from the industries into the water bodies from various sources e.g. industrial waste.
- Oil spills from the leaking oil containers of pipes during the transportation of such raw materials
- Some chemicals and other waste from the farms can get into the water bodies through the surface run-off.
- Volcanic eruption, Eruption of magma on the surface could lead to water pollution because it can flow to the source of water.
- Testing of bombs.
- Use of chemicals by fishermen