Advantages of farm yard manure
- It usually has a high content of N and phosphorous
- It supplies a high amount of organic matter to the soil.
- It improves on the soil physical properties such as structure.
Disadvantages of farm yard manure
- It is difficult to collect enough animal dropping if the animals are scattered.
- Urine can only be collected when the floor is cemented and only if animals are kept indoors.
- Requires a lot of labour to collect the dung
- Farm yard manure has a bad smell