The following are problems that result from the high population growth rate in South Sudan
- The rate of population growth is higher than the rate at which job opportunities are generated leading to high unemployment.
- The high demand for social amenities caused by a high population growth rate leads to congestion in schools, hospitals, and housing.
- A large number of youthful population create a high dependency ratio which causes slow economic development.
- The high demand for food caused by the high population growth rate leads to food shortages.
- A large number of poor people/ unemployment leads to temptations to commit crime leading to a high crime rate.
- The high demand for agricultural land causes land fragmentation.