what is the census?
As per the 2019 census, the population of Kenya was 47.9 million people
The following are the reasons why the government of Tanzania should carry out a population census:
- To determine the total population. census involves counting all people who slept in the country on the day of the counting. census, therefore, is used to establish the number of people or total population at a particular point in time. for example the total population of Kenya for the 2019 census was 47.9 million people.
- To determine the trend of the population over time. through periodic census one is able to determine how the population has increased or decreased over time. for example, through census, kenyan goverment have been able to determine that its population is increasing and the proportion of children and youth is also increasing
- To plan for basic facilities to help in the distribution of resources.
- To make decisions on new administration areas
- To determine the literacy rate
- Census is used in the projection of population growth
- Census help in obtaining detailed statistics on the size nature and distribution of labor force
If you find this post to be helpful then share it with your friend and REMEMBER to comment or ask any question about any geographic concept.