In Kenya, one may be arrested:
- to carry out a court order.
- To bring one to a court of law.
- If one is suspected of committing or is about to commit a criminal offence.
- To contain the spread of an infectious disease or to protect and treat a person suspected to be mentally ill or a drug addict.
- To secure education or welfare for a minor (an under-age).
the limits to a citizen‟s rights in Kenya.
- In the pursuit of our rights, we must not infringe on those of others by endangering them or causing them discomfort.
- We must enjoy our rights within the existing law, without deviation.
- Enjoyment of our rights ought not work against national interests