- Addressing the issue of regional economic imbalance through creating employment opportunities and industries in rural areas.
- Agricultural modernization to help to increase on the rate of employment generation in rural areas.
- Controlling the rate of population growth so as to match the number of people to the available resources through family planning.
- Encouraging rural to rural migrations through allowing voluntary migrations from densely populated areas of rural to sparsely populated rural areas.
- Establishing large scale resettlement schemes to help check on this negative phenomena.
- Setting up of social amenities in rural areas like health, education, water, recreation, electricity, etc.
- Fighting against such cultural and traditional practices like forced marriages, circumcision, mutilation, polygamy, etc.