- It influences other physical soil properties of soil like; soil permeability, soil structure, soil porosity, soil water retention capacity, and so forth.
- Soil texture influences soil resistance to erosion. Erosion is easier to the soil which is coarse-textured as their particles are loose.
- It determines the relative penetration of plant roots in the soil. Where the soil particles are large, roots can penetrate more easily than they do in fine-grained soil which are usually compact.
- Soil texture determines the infiltration rate of water into soil. The infiltration rate is easier in coarse-textured soil compared to fine-textured soil as its particles are compacted.
- Lastly, soil texture influence soil fertility as it determines the ability of soil to hold nutrients and water for plant use