The following are the effects of rainfall on agriculture production
- Rainfall provides a natural precipitation/ water which influences the germination of seeds.
- Water in the soil influences mineral uptake
- Water influences photosynthesis because its one of the raw materials of photosynthesis.
- Rainfall/water influences flowering/fruiting
- Rainfall influences the growth/ distribution of pastures for feeding animals
- Heavy rainfall influences erosion i.e. Gulley erosion which leads to soil infertility
- Unreliable rainfall patterns may delay the planting/harvesting season.
- Rainfall reliability determines the type of farming practice in an area.