INORGANIC FERTILIZERS are manmade chemical substances that are used to supply plants with nutrients
Disadvantages of inorganic fertilizers
- Some are expensive to buy.
- The nutrients element contained in them can easily be leached.
- They do not improve the physical properties of the soil e.g. structure.
- They can be toxic to plants when used in excess.
- The effect on soil lasts for a short time hence the need to apply them every season.
- They require skilled labour to apply them
- They can pollute the environment e.g. when eroded by rainwater to water bodies.