- Family planning programs should be extended to affected areas so as to control rapid population growth rate which results into land fragmentation.
- The nomads should be encouraged to practice modern and scientific methods of farming such as paddocking and controlled grazing, individual land ownership, afforestation, etc.
- The masses should be taught how to practice better and modern farming methods of terracing, contour ploughing and strip cropping. Monoculture should be discouraged.
- Highly populated areas of Kigezi in south western Uganda should be encouraged to carryout migrations to sparsely populated areas so as to control fragmentation.
- People should be encouraged to practice agro-forestry especially in steep sloping areas of Kasese to check on running water effect.
- Settlement along steep slopes should be discouraged and people in such areas of Mubuku and Bujuku on steep slopes of Rwenzori be encouraged to practice aforestation, re-forestation, and filling up gullies created by erosion.