A bar graph is a pictorial rendition of statistical data in which the independent variable can attain only certain discrete values. The dependent variable may be discrete or continuous. The most common form of bar graph is the vertical bar graph, also called a column graph.
The following are Disadvantages of bar graph:
- often require additional explanation
- fail to expose key assumptions, causes, impacts and patterns
- can be easily manipulated to give false impressions
- do not show inter relationship between activities
- managing projects becomes difficult without those relationship between activities
- it is difficult to judge the impact of unexpected events on the rest of the construction process
- use only discrete data
we hope that you have found this article useful. if you have any additional point you would like to share with us on advantages and disadvantages of bar graph, please add them to the comment below.