Sedentary livestock keeping this involves the keeping of animals in a permanent place
Livestock systems are called sedentary when the human groups and the livestock are permanently resident in a defined area around a village, a permanent camp or in a limited area as a farm or a ranch.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SEDENTARY LIVESTOCK KEEPING.
- Farmers keeps a small number of livestock.
- Animals are kept in sheds.
- There is Use of advanced technology.
- It takes place where there is high population.
- There is no movement in search of food and water for animals that is zero grazing.
- Livestock kept for their products.