Skip to content
- Crops utilize optimally the nutrients and moisture since crops grown have a different rooting system.
- It breaks the life cycle of pests and diseases since the pathogens are starved when crops that they depend on are not grown that season.
- Soil fertility is improved especially e.g legumes are included in the rotation.
- Protects soil from erosion since land is even covered not bear especially during the fallow period.
- It facilitates Nutrient recycling, especially when shallow and deep-rooted crops are alternated in the rotation
- Farmer spends less on fertilizers since soil is improved by N from legumes