dispersal points through which the Bantu migrated from and settled in various areas.
The Bantu migrated from and settled into various places through four major dispersal
- The Congo forest
- The area west of Lake Victoria,
- The area between Taita hills and mount Kilimanjaro,
reasons for the migration and settlement of the Bantu into Kenya.
- Population pressure due to food production, enabled by their knowledge in ironworking, with which they made and used better farm implements.
- Their might and strength due to better weapons and farm tools, which enabled them to easily fight and defeat other people and to clear new lands for agriculture.
- Internal pressure (family or clan rivalry).
- Natural calamities such as famine, drought, etc.
- Search for new farmland.
- The spirit of adventure i.e. their desire to taste life in new lands.
- invasions and frequent attacks by warring neighbours.
- Diseases and epidemics, which affected both people and livestock