Anthropology, i.e. the study of human beings and their culture.
advantages of anthropology as a source of information on History
- one would experience the people‟s way of life.
- One understands and explains social and other structures within their society of study.
- One explains aspects of the economy on which a given community depend.
- One is able to determine a people‟s cultural past.
- One has a deeper understanding of a particular aspect of a people‟s culture.
limitations of Anthropology as a source of information on the history
- It is expensive as it involves living with the people on who research is conducted.
- It is time-consuming.
- Researchers may not adapt to new environments.
- The researcher may miss vital information as the people being studied may behave differently in the presence of the researcher.
- The researcher risks losing his or her own culture on adapting to the environment of study.