Focus group discussion is the research method that involves intensive discussion on a particularly issue – Normally done in groups of 5-7 people – A researcher guides the discussion and records the data from what is discussed by the members. AIM: It enables the group to get additional information.
– Low cost
– Rasher becomes an active person in the discussion
– Respondent get skills of writing , speaking and coordinating
– Makes respondents understand well the topic
– Allows critical thinking to the participants
– Makes the research topic to be live and interesting
– Not easy to analyse the data collected
– Very small sample is used – Selection of sample may be affected by biasness
– It is time consuming.