Tourism in Kenya has good prospects and may expand in the future if the following factors are implemented:
- Improvement of infrastructure in semi-arid areas which have tourist attractions e.g. N. Eastern Province.
- Aggressive promotion and marketing of Kenya as a tourist destination in other countries which is done by (KTDC) Kenya Tourist Development Corporation and (KTB) Kenya Tourism Board.
- Encouragement of domestic tourism by showing documentaries through the electronic media on Kenya’s tourist sites e.g. „Out and About
- Offering domestic tourists favourable rates of accommodation in the hotels during the off peak tourist season.
- Beefing up security to ensure tourists don’t gain access to the country in order to make tourists to choose Kenya as their destination since their safety will be guaranteed.
- Lowering tariffs levied particularly on food and accommodation in tourists hotels to encourage tourists to come and spend more days.