Strategies to deal with HIV/Aids
- Counselling programmes/train counsellors to provide infected and affected persons/employees.
- Develop counselling programmes for infected/affected persons/employees.
- Conduct workshops on HIV/Aids programmes/campaigns.
- Roll out anti-retroviral (ARV) treatment programmes (ART) for the infected employees.
- Encourage employees to join HIV/Aids support groups.
- Develop strategies to deal with stigma and discrimination.
- Participate in the HIV/Aids prevention programmes implemented in the community.
- Support non-governmental organisational/community based organisation/NPC HIV/Aids initiatives.
Strategies to deal with unemployment
- Provide skills development programmes through learnerships.
- Offer bursaries to the community to improve the level of education.
- Create jobs for members of the community.
- Provide entrepreneurial programmes that can promote self-employment.
- Support existing small businesses to create more employment opportunities.
Strategies to deal with poverty
- Invest in a young starting SME that can be a business competitor, buyer or supplier.
- Attract the best employees by being socially responsible and offering the best volunteering programs.
- Support poverty alleviation programmes that are offered by the government.
- Donate money/food parcels to local NGO’s.
NOTE: Some strategies to deal with unemployment can also be used to deal with poverty.