1) Popularly known as Netaji, was born on Jan 23, 1897 at Cuttack.
2) He passed the Indian Civil Services Examination in 1920, but left it on the Gandhiji’s call of Non – Cooperation Movement.
3) He founded the Independence for India League with Jawahar Lai Nehru.
4) In 1938, he was elected the President of the INC at its Haripura session and in 1939, he was elected President of its Tripuri session.
5) But he had to resign from Tripuri due to differences with Gandhiji.
6) He founded the Forward Block in 1939.
7) In 1941, he escaped to Berlin and met Hitler.
8) In 1943, he took charge of Indian National Army in Singapore and set up the Indian Provisional Government there.
9) He gave the war cry of ‘Dilli Chalo’.
10) He addressed Mahatma Gandhi as the Father of the NationHe gave the slogan of ‘Jai Hind’He wrote his autobiography ‘The Indian Struggle’He supposedly died in a plane crash on Aug 18, 1945.