Natural gas Occurs in assocaition with petroleum i.e. normally found on top of upper layers of crude Oil.
Composed of mixture of hydrocarbons with methane making the highest percentage
Mainly used for domestic purposes, generating thermal electricity and for industrial activities
Advantages of energy from natural gas
- Cheap to transport in pipelines.
- Free from weather changes
Disadvantages of energy from natural gas
- Accidental fires may occur due to gas leakage/damaged pipes.
- Pollution of environment through gas leaks.
- Expensive for low income earners