Skip to content
the following are Steps taken by government of Kenya to improve beef farming
- Decontrolling the price of meat products.
- Funding research in Animal pest and Disease control.
- Introduction of pedigree/exotic cattle and encouraging cross breeding with local breeds to improve their quality.
- Introduction of drought resistant high quality grass.
- Educating beef farmers on modern methods through trade fairs, tours and seminars.
- Investigating the prevailing market situations and make appropriate recommendations.
- Creating ranching schemes in arid and semi-arid lands.
- Encouraging setting up of group ranches.