Uranium or Nuclear Energy is Derived from the alteration of atomic structures
Involves release of heat that produces steam used to generate electricity through fission where uranium are split in nuclear reactors/power stations
Nuclear power stations are mainly found in developed countries e.g. Britain, USA, France, Germany and Japan
Advantages of nuclear energy
- Environmentally friendly.
- Produces large amount of energy in nuclear reactors
- Reliable due to long lasting supply of uranium deposits
Disadvantages of nuclear energy
- Requires heavy capital investment/expertise.
- Radioactive materials are harmful to human (causes cancer) and the environment.
- Nuclear leakages can cause environmental pollution.
- Can result into disastrous accidents if not well planned/controlled