Skip to content
the following are Factors that favors beef farming in Kenya
- Extensive flatlands with natural pasture/grass that offer room for extensive grazing especially within the Nyika plateau and the Rift Valley region
- Moderate rainfall of about 750mm or above which ensures supply of pasture/water.
- Moderate temperatures of about 28oC lowers pest and disease incidence/favours survival of exotic breeds
- Presence of watering sites such as Lorian, Lotikipi and Saiwa swamps/several permanent rivers that provides water for the beef cattle.
- Ready market due dense/high population in the practicing areas.
- The communities have a long tradition of cattle keeping.