Skip to content
Conditions favouring wheat growing in Kenya
- An open rolling topography provides adequate drainage and facilitates the use of machinery.
- Moderate to high rainfall ranging between 500mm – 1270mm during the growing period
- Warm temperatures of 150C – 200C for at least three months to enable maturity of wheat
- Warm and dry sunny period to enhance ripening and harvesting of wheat
- Deep and fertile well drained volcanic soils
- High altitude areas ranging between 1500 – 2900m above the sea level to reduce incidences of pests and diseases